Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Assssspen.


(the title of this post is supposed to remind you of the movie 
Dumb and Dumber, I kept quoting this movie to Reece during the
whole trip, but unfortunately I was the only one laughing)

Reece and I took a road trip to Aspen to go skiing and visit friends for
out valentines day get away. We listened to the first of the Mistborn series
on tape while we drove, oooo I have good memories of the drive now, thats
such a fascinating book.

 We stayed the first night in snow mass at a cosy little condo, 
we went skiing the next morning. We went on the longest run, 5 miles!
you take a chairlift most of the way but then have to hike up the rest of 
mountain. The hiking was all exposed windy and extremely cold, kind of 
miserable actually. I was getting over a major flu and cold so I was getting
tired very easily. We then skied down, it took two hours. We went slow and
I also had to stop frequently because I didn't feel 100% but I still wanted to 
say I skied at aspen.





Afterwards we went and soaked in the Glenwood hot springs, it felt
sooooo good. Warmed our frigid bodies and soothed my sick aching 
body.
Then we toured Aspen's downtown. We window shopped the fancy shops
and had some yummy BBQ for lunch.



We then met up with my friend Angie and some of her friends for dinner
in Vail. It was absolutely wonderful to catch up with her, she can 
always make me laugh till my sides hurt. We then drove to Denver,
it was a snowy night and I was developing some pretty painful canker 
sores and a sore throat, so we were relieved when we pulled in to stay
at the four seasons down town. The room was so luxurious and calming.
It is such a beautiful hotel.

our sinks in the bathroom even glowed. 
The next morning we met up for breakfast with my other amazing girlfriends
Kate and Ali. I LOVED catching up with them and hearing about their life in 
Denver (Menver). I miss them in UT but Im so glad they are having such a great 
time in CO. 
I was able to give all these gals christmas presents that I had picked up
for them on our trip last summer. I gave them beautiful painted leather 
fans I had bartered for on the beach in Bali, and a CD since Ive been making
my friends mixes since we were in high school.

Afterwards we drove through some neighborhoods to get a good look at Denver 
before we drove back home.
Unsinkable Molly Brown's house.
The capital building. It was such a beautiful day. 


Driving home was fun... pleasant weather, nice roads, and we were able
to finish our book on tape and loved it. Happy Valentines Sweetheart! 


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm jealous you got to see Ali, Kate and Angie how fun!

Karin said...

Fun trip! Way to go hiking and skiing in frigid weather while getting over the flu--you are a tougher woman than I! I'm such a wimp when it comes to the cold.