Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cooking for Book Club

Speaking of book club treats, I made the stuffed chilies mentioned in
the book 'Like Water For Chocolate' when we were meeting to moderate 
that book. There was no direct recipe in the book so I just had to go off
the ingredients mentioned and by taste while combining them. They were 
roasted green chilies stuffed with beef mixed with spices and peaches, 
topped off with a chopped walnut and cream sauce, garnished with pomegranate
seeds. The dish was a favorite of the main character since it had all the colors
of the mexican flag. Im glad it turned out yummy. Ill have to try to write down
what I did so I can recreate it again some time.
It has been so fun to help contribute to the menus that are themed
for each book, it has stretched my talents and broadened my cooking
horizons.

1 comment:

Karin said...

What an interesting combination of flavors! I'd love the recipe! Looks wonderful.