Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Im back....


So we're back from our adventure in Switzerland. As I been telling everyone,
It was a truly grand experience. I felt every range of emotion over the last
6 months (3 of those months were actually living in Switzerland and the other
3 were back home in UT trying to adjust back to life) I saw things so beautiful
I thought I could cry, and felt so down at times that I did cry. I learned so much
about the world, my husband, and me. While on this adventure so many trials 
came my way that it has taken me months to learn how to cope and to feel like
 blogging again. The saying "Life happens when you are busy making
plans" couldn't be more perfect to explain my life right now. 
I had plans, oh so many plans, for my life. But now Im forced to make new 
ones. As hard as it has been to reconcile with the loss of those plans, and 
not regret my naive self of ten years ago for making those plans.... Im working
hard to just keep moving. As hard as things may get the worst possible place
for me to be in, is the waiting place. Waiting for my path to become clear, 
waiting to know what I should be doing, waiting for me to be happy. Although
there are many things I can't control and need to have patience with, I want to still
be progressing however I can, learning and growing. Just keeping busy so I won't look
back at my time right now and regret because I sat around and waited. Im trying
new things, cutting myself more slack (cause I don't need to carry around the weight 
of being so harsh on myself any longer), continuing to foster friendships, cutting other
people slack (because most of the time they aren't meaning to add to the hurt), 
and chase after dreams I had originally told myself wouldn't  fit into my perfect plan.
Cause there really isn't such a thing.

This blog was always something I was proud of, and something that reminded
me of all I was capable of doing. So Im setting out to continue working on it. 

So heres to "keeping moving forward". 

P.S. I took billions of pictures while in Europe which I hope to someday share
on this blog. Europe is so beautiful and it inspired me in so many ways. So 
don't worry if you don't see them for some time... cause I really do intend on 
sharing them.

4 comments:

Rie Teemant said...

Sounds heavy Bethany. I know amazing things are in your future, though. You always were so inspiring to me and I hope we can go out to lunch and catch up sometime when I get back to Utah. You are wonderful!

Marie

Lindsey said...

Bethany if there is anyone I know that actively pursues "life" (if that makes sense), it is you and I have always admired and looked up to you for it. You are amazingly talented and kind and beautiful and it's almost sad how excited I am for you to be blogging again so I can see all the stunning pictures you've undoubtedly taken in Europe and live vicariously through them :)

Anonymous said...

Beth! You're an inspiration to me. Don't forget that there are so many people around you who admire you. Because you're wonderful! Thanks for always adding great ideas to this blog. I love getting new ideas whenever I feel down myself. :)

Karin said...

I'm so glad that you are blogging again Beth! I love following the magical, memorable, moments that you have such a talent in making and capturing with your spectacular photos. You are wonderful at making others feel special and loved and celebrating all the good in life. Hang in there. You are AMAZING! I love you!