Monday, March 2, 2009

GRAND (Teton) LOVE

My handsome man and I took a short yet wonderful trip up to Jackson WY to celebrate our love in honor of Saint Valentine. For all those V-day haters, NO we don't have to have a specific day to force us to do nice things and say the L word multiple times...that we do daily all 365 days of the year and quite willingly too....but we do appreciate a long wintery weekend (also thanks to George Washington's big day) that we can plan, save up for, and anticipate anxiously for (or just pick up and be spontaneous with). This was my first time seeing the Grand Tetons and I was so excited. On Sat we got to indulge in loads of peaceful sleep and wake up close to noon. We exchanged some wrapped tokens of affection, I was given the most gorgeous and delicate pearl necklace and bracelet, I gave a new pair of boat shoes and a new bottle of my favorite flavor of cologne (yeah a little selfish I know as Im the one that enjoys it the most.... but my man received it with a generous amount of kisses anyway) We then enjoyed gourmet sandwiches for brunch yummm. We continued to stroll through galleries, one photography gallery in particular where I lingered for hours day dreaming that I was buying the print of my favorite Ansel Adams photograph (aspen) as well as many more picture frames full of eye candy. We did however purchase some luscious boots for me that Im sure some pictures will follow as I havent been able to take them off since.... way too good looking. We ate a fine dinner of baked brea and fruit, duck in a raspberry demi glaze, and bread pudding.....dubble yummmmm. A late viewing of Slumdog Millionaire added an incredible ending to the day. The rest of the trip was dedicated to hiking, scouting out sites, photographing, freezing, warming up, partaking in scrumptious treats, photographing some more, freezing again, and warming up yet again.

















Snuggle, spoon licking, smiling, kiss giving time...
Thanks to my man for being willing to wake up way before dawn in order to get in place to take pictures of the Tetons at sunrise. (and even let me pick what we were having for breakfast, Im sure he would rather have had a burrito than the supper sweet cinnamon rolls that I chose, but those rolls sure did put a smile on my face as I nibbled on them for the remainder of the day)








Bravo again to my man who has recently developed a skill for spotting wildlife after observing, for a few years, my personal obsession with finding the fauna in the vistas we venture through. He found this little guy hunting in the distance on a frozen lake....thank you 70-200 lens with the added help of an extender to 300mm.




Yes this is for real. We had a couple very entertaining & spontaneous side trips on our way home. Idaho sure has some entertaining sites. Thank you Potato Museum and Lava Hot Springs.



Thank you, love of my life, for being so fun to be with and for all the love that you show me. I love you so incredibly much.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Is this a kissing book (err, post)? Just kidding.

Looks like a really great trip! I really like the pictures of that wolf (or coyote). The food looks yummy too.

amelie westwood. said...

how adorable, and what amazing pictures. you & your husband have talent.