Saturday, January 9, 2010

Santa Run

The first weekend in December I signed up to run
a 5K dressed like Santa with some friends and family.
It was the first year this race was held in Provo but I sure
hope that it becomes a tradition for the town as well as
for me. We woke up bright and early and donned our festive
socks, fur printed shirt, and hat with an attached beard.
200 Santas showed up and lined the streets. What a sight.
There were milk and cookie stops and we did some Santa
warmups to get us ready for the race, we did some
HoHoHo jumping jacks and some Hat, beard, belt, and boots
(head, shoulders, knees, and toes) stretches.
Yes I was pretty darn slow but I was busy enjoying myself,
laughing at all the characters I was running next to,
and jamming to the rocking christmas playlist that I had
made myself the night before.....
plenty of Manhiem Steamroller for sure.
Then we stuck around to watch the Provo Christmas Parade.
(I love how if you look at the above float closer you can
see the driver wrapped as a present...I see you. Love it)
We then went and got a yummy breakfast of Kneaders
Cinnamon French Toast (possibly one of my favorite
breakfasts, I love when Reece surprises me with it randomly
in the mornings)
We were going for a Flight of the Concords magazine pic.

1 comment:

Barb said...

What a riot! You live such a fun life!!