Friday, January 15, 2010

Who saw Bethany kissing Santa Clause?

We were excited to attend the Dearth's Annual Christmas
Party this year. We each were given our assignments, I was
to be the event photographer and Reece.... got to make sure
Santa visited the party.
{all were asked to wear their PJ's, loved the onesie crew,
and the Tate's that won best dressed}
{we sang happy 30th birthday to our host Jared and played
some pretty exciting games. That creation there on the lamp is
mine and Libby's winning snowflake that got us first prize in
the couple snowflake cutting contest (we had decided to compete
with our husbands who we thought had an advantage as one was
left handed and one was right handed....but I did cut a few snowflakes
earlier that week that got me some practice) Then we played
a trivia game that Jared put together, yes I was on the
HoHoHo's but our team barely won on the last question when
both teams were tied. It got intense, there are some very
competitive people and some really fast thinkers. Thanks
Angie for earning us our winning point}
Then we sang holiday Karaoke and while we were singing
Santa is coming to town Santa hame hohoho-ing down the stairs
sleighbells and all.
Then everybody got to sit on Santa's knee to ask for
what they wanted for christmas. Everybody was shy at first
and I loved how Santa didnt loose his cool, "come on guys
Santa isn't nervous" , Ah I loved it.
Then came the white elephant gifts, some of my favorites were
the Star Trek lunch box, the levi 'Bride and Groom' hats,
Reece's 'been there done that, next' loony toons
sweatshirt, and the statue of a very curvy lady
wearing a leotard.
But there was the funny reoccurrence of the gross bull whip
that seems to get re-gifted for this exact party every year,
and the chia pet was also a great gift.
Thanks Dearths!

No comments: