Sunday, November 1, 2009

1st Taste of Fall

At the end of September I started to see dappled color on
the mountain sides and promised to myself I would make
it out to see the reds in the mountains this year. The reds
always come out so early and fall so quickly I havent seen
some really good reds for a long time, just havent taken the
time to really get out and see them. There was rumor of a
snow storm a brewin' and I was determined to drive into the
mountains before that snow blew all the reds off the trees.
So the day before the scheduled storm Reece and
I needed to go to provo for an errand and we decided to
drive there via the alpine loop, so we could see the leaves
on the way. We got a lovely picnic from Kneaders to
stop off and eat for a fast break. It was a quick drive and we
couldnt spend a lot of time photographing and absorbing,
but we enjoyed all that we were able to see. Reece said
the mountain sides of cascading color looked like mounds
of candy. I agree..... eye candy for sure.



We both had chosen fall-ish sandwiches, Reece french dip,
and I turkey and cranberry on a croissant. We shared a
raspberry cream soda, and had fruit tarts and chocolate
chip cookies for dessert. (my sweet tooth dominated the
ordering of the food if you couldnt tell). We ate sitting next
to a brook listening to the trickling water and feeling the
cool fresh air but still warmed by the sun. I love when I
can enjoy all those elements at the same time.





We took so much time eating and enjoying that we had to
race down the canyon to make it in time for our commitment.
I was photographing like mad out the car window, getting
car sick and longing for some clear steady shots without
smashed bugs on the windshield being in every picture.
I have to say that this world awes me and I will constantly
have a challenge trying to photograph it in a way that
matches how it makes me feel. And Im grateful for that
challenge.

No comments: