I have to thank my beautiful friends Kelly and Angie
for being willing to do a fashion shoot on such late
notice, and for putting up with such crazy conditions
and still modeling so gorgeous. The shoot was supposed to be
100% under water but we had trouble finding a pool
that we could use on such late notice and during the hours
that we needed. We did finally find a pool but when we got there
the filter and the heater had been accidently shut off so the pool
was incredibly mirky and very cold. The under water shots
had a completely different feel than what I was going for
and I ended up improvising lighting and direction for the
images that I did end up using. I shot from above (on top
of a water slide) while the girls tried to float and pose in
their dresses. All the dresses were from the DI, Kelly's
was an old wedding dress and was amazingly heavy wet.
She did an awesome job keeping a float and still looking
so graceful. Ohh and I still feel bad about seeing you shake
because you got so cold :(
Angie you were way fun underwater, and thanks for
doing the make up and for having fun posing,
I wasnt any good at directing you I was so worried
about other things. But Im grateful you knew what would
look beautiful. I love that in the images I did turn in, you
have to get close to see that their faces are really out of
the water, otherwise they do look like a 100% underwater
shoot from a distance.














2 comments:
Gorgeous pictures and gorgeous girls! You guys inspire me :)
I really like the murky water. It helped pull out an ethereal feeling from photos that I think is appropriate to the idea of being underwater with fancy clothes on.
Post a Comment