
I just couldn't be happy with the quick snap shots
taken out of the window of the car towards the end of
our alpine loop drive so I had to make it out again, and
allow myself time to study and time to properly photograph
the color that inspired me so much.
So I went out again the next day, during the snow
storm. I was worried what the storm would do but....
it actually made everything much much better!
The moisture made the rocks, soil, and bark rich blacks,
storm. I was worried what the storm would do but....
it actually made everything much much better!
The moisture made the rocks, soil, and bark rich blacks,
and mixed with the diffused lighting from all the cloud
cover, the leaves just popped. They simply glowed.
Then the light dusting of snow was like a visual
"sugar on top" on the whole day. Clean, feathery, and
white yet the leaves weren't weighted down and
squashed yet by their newly added layer of snow.
Beautiful. Definitely worth the extra trip.
The images still make me a little giddy.




























3 comments:
Hey Bethany!
I absolutely love your pictures...they always make me so happy and give me a break in a stressful day! Thanks for always posting your work!
I just recently heard of a High-School friend of mine who opened a studio in Berlin, Germany. It's neat to see the difference between American and European photography styles. Maybe you would like to take a look...
http://www.rachor-photography.com
Hope you're having a great week! I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
Judith Sartowski
(the exchange student that stayed with your sister's family)
What a beautiful series.
oooooooo...
I think "Leaves18" is amazing! You really captured the feeling of actually being there!
Post a Comment