Saturday, January 23, 2010

Family Portraits

I photographed my family for their Christmas cards this year.
You can see the ones I shot last year here...and here...
The larger group I shot up in Park City over Thanksgiving break,
it was cold so I had to work fast....that and we were also standing
in the middle of the road, so we would have to step off whenever
a car drove by...."Game On"....."Game Off"...."Hold Formation!"
It was an adventure for sure. People were taking pictures of us
taking pictures cause we matched the houses so well.
I had imagined the colored peacoat idea this summer and I really
enjoyed how it turned out.
Jenny wanted her family picture with the girls wearing their
matching snowflake dresses, scheduling was tight so we shot
it in my studio, where it was warm and not to far away.
I photographed Karin's family when we visited them in AZ in
November. We tried to get the colors to match the larger
family group shot in Park City. We shot them in a lot that was
similar and across the street from where the Gilbert Temple will
be built (I would have shot on the actual temple site if the lighting
would have been better there...to bad it wasn't) The boys were great
and it was much much warmer than the Park City adventure.

Here are some other portraits that I did this year.
The Pendeltons
Ann and Spence's Wedding: Draper Temple
Baby Charlie's 6 month pics
The New Hamilton Family Addition
The Newest Debate Family Addition

2 comments:

Marci Joy said...

I LOVE the PC and AZ family portraits. Lovely and colorful.

And the gifts you gave everyone for Christmas were so thoughtful.

Jenny said...

You take awesome portraits, Beth. Thanks so much for the ones you took of us and the girls.