
(actually they all are) So glad that we initiated the "a-costume-
is-mandatory-for entrance" rule last year. It was fun to see
who everybody came up with. Mike-Woody, Jenny-silly doctor,
Evy-monkey, Nora-Little Miss Muffit, Mom & Dad- BYU and
U of U fans, Kate-Audrey Hepburn, Me-Cleopatra, Reece-
Marc Antony.
R and I watched Elizabeth Taylor's cleopatra and I told him
to pick out a costume....he chose the one below. (minus the
leopard) I had some ideas for my own as I loved every dress
Elizabeth wore in the movie, but I ended up just being able
to copy her make-up design.
sewed the tunic, hemmed it with gold fringe, painted the
cheap foam armor, added gold detailing, sewed a cape that
clipped on the armor with tassels hiding the clips. I really
get into things....But by the time it came to my costume I
had run out of steam so I opted for the costume in a bag.
I at least didnt have to buy a wig...yeah that mop on my head
that is way way too long is my real hair.


Evy loved Marc Antony's costume she touched and pointed to
everything that was gold and even roared when she came to
the two lions I glued on the shoulders of the breastplate.
to play on their iphones, party poopers. We actually didnt
have as many activities this year, our big event was cupcake
decorating. The owl and the pumpkin designs are from
Hello Cupcake book (I will make every cupcake in that
book... someday).
The next day (Halloween) I added some bodies for my
owl heads and made Reece go deliver plates of cupcakes
to friends with me and to show off his costume one more time.
I love how Dubie looks perfectly egyptian. (After we found him
as a kitten and before we found out he was a boy I was
thinking of calling him Cleo (short for cleopatra) or
Bastet ) confession...We also tried to change his name from
Dubie to Nubie (short for Anubis) because of the first name's
drug connotation...but it didnt stick. Yes Im a nerd.
Kitch and my dad. Love these two amazingly. I love how
Nora and Eve Bug have been in all the birthday cake
pictures in the last 2 years. And I love Nora's smile in this
shot even more!! ha. Still keeping up with the tradition
of getting our cakes from Bakers (most yummy cakes ever,
just the smell of the frosting reminds me of my childhood...
that and pulling off and nibbling the frosting leaves they
place on the side of the cake) I will have to post all the
the great cakes they have made for all our themed birthdays
growing up, cinderella, alice in wonderland, space (one of
my themes...uh...), little mermaid.
This girl has got talent, check out her pictures here... cant
wait to go shooting together. And for Pops, we all collected
fun memories of dad that we pulled out of a bowl and read
and made him guess who he created that memory with.
It made for some good laughs.
I love you family, so so much.



























1 comment:
our family is awesome, no doubt about it. i love the first picture of the family mom and dad are truely portraying the characters of their costumes and jenny's and norah's are the best. Norah's smile in the birthday cake picture is also one of my favorites, out of all our nephews and nieces i think she has the funniest courtesy smile its also looks the least like a smile hahaha
Post a Comment